NEW FOR 2020!! TY WORKSHOP SERIES
At GK Stage Academy, we have created a fast paced, fully interactive workshop style programme for Transition Year Students with huge success. One off, four or six week programmes can be tailored made to suit each schools individual needs, helping to bring the fun back to this years Transition Year while remaining fully Covid compliant. To date we have worked with a large number of mixed, all girls and all boys schools across the Dublin, Kildare, Meath and Wicklow areas, creating Christmas Music Videos, mini dance shows, dance evolution pieces, and whole lot of fun!
Contact Grainne at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your workshop
At GK Stage Academy, we can tailor make a package to suit your school’s needs, from musical choreography, to fund raising events, positive mental health initiatives for students and teachers and primary school dance and drama workshops. As a qualified secondary school teacher, Grainne knows the workings of a school environment well and uses the experience of her Dip year to enhance all programmes we offer.
To date, we have worked on a number of different projects, within a variety of schools, including:
- A year long dance based module for Transition Year students in Scoil Mhuire Trim, engaging and challenging students to step outside their comfort zone!
- Choreography and Production of Broadway Battles (2018) Dancing Through the Decades (2019) and Musical Mayhem (2022) for O’Carolan College, Nobber
- Choreography and Production for Don’t Give Me Lip (2020) St Pats Classical School and Loreto Convent, Navan
- Choreography and Production of Dancing Through the Decades (2022) St Pats Classical School and Mercy Convent, Navan
- Choreography for Lion King Junior (2020) for Pius X Boys School, Terenue
- Choreography and Production of Broadway Battles (2018) Dancing Through the Decades (2019) Genre Battles (2020) Dont Give Me Lip (2021) and Musical Legends (2022) for Ashbourne Community College
- TY musical choreography for Oatlands College and Sion Hill, Stillorgan (2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Choreography for Strictly Come Dancing fundraising event for Dangan National School (2018)
- 6 week TY dance workshops St Patricks Classical School, Navan in conjunction with The Mercy Convent and Loretto College, Navan (2018, 2019, 2020, 2022)
- Choreography and Production of Strictly Broadway for St Patricks Classical School and The Mercy Convent, Navan (2017)
- TY musical assistant choreography for Scoil Mhuire, Trim (2013)
- Positive Mental Health dance workshops for Ashbourne Community College (2017- 2020) and Scoil Mhuire, Trim (2012-2018)
- 8 week TY dance workshops Scoil Mhuire, Trim (2013 – 2019)
- Active Schools dance workshops for Dangan National School (2017, 2018, 2019 and virtually in 2020)
- In – house Junior Infant school tours for Enfield National School (2017, 2018 and 2019)
For more information or to get a free quotation:
“….Grainne is a very determined, focused and hardworking dance teacher of considerable talent. She has an easy manner and an extremely positive discipline. She relates well to both students and teachers which is very important while working in a school setting. Students find the Dance Class challenging but inclusive and fun. She has worked along with staff members at St Pats and conducted herself in an excellent professional manner. Grainne is reliable and confident. She is very thorough in her approach to choreography and follows any suggestions made with total application and accuracy. The presentation of her work is excellent. Her willingness and adaptability to take on and complete different types of workshop makes her an ideal partner for schools…”
Seamus Peppard, TY Coordinator, St Patricks Classical School, Navan
“Having Gráinne come to the school and teach the children dance was such a beneficial and enjoyable experience for everybody! The children loved their dance lessons and Gráinne was highly professional and enthusiastic in her approach. We will most definitely be asking her to come back to work with the children again!”
Aoife Ryan, Teacher, Dangan National School, Summerhill
“Grainne is currently working with our TY students for the upcoming TY musical. Grainne is a professional, with excellent presence and a sense of enthusiasm that brings the students along with her. She is passionate about her art form and an absolute pleasure to work with. Nothing is too much trouble for her. Highly recommend”
Caroline Mathews, TY Co-ordinator, Ashbourne Community School.